Tuesday, September 2

Second Grade

First day of school is probably my least favorite day in all the world.  I just hate that Ruby is gone all day, I miss her.  We all miss her.
I thought that as the years went on it would get easier, but it doesn't.
I still hate it every year.  I still dread the day from the start of August.
But I do know that we are making the right decision.
This year I feel the most comforted.  I know that Ruby is going to excel.  I know that this is good for her and for us.  I would rather her be home but I know she is where she is supposed to be.
Ruby is so smart and wonderful.  People are drawn to her and she is kind to everyone she meets.  I am so glad to see the girl that she is becoming.  Ruby loves her family and it makes me happy that she does.  She would rather be with us than anywhere else in the world.  I love her so much.  I am so glad she is my girl...
The boys didn't know what do without Ruby.  So we filled our day aimlessly  roaming Value Village and Michaels, we saved Target for tomorrow....
We also took some time to make some white bread and eat it with our home made raspberry jam.  Noni's request...

We picked Ruby up and headed out for frozen yogurt.  A tradition that I think we all love.  She told us about her day and we just enjoyed each others company.  

One school day down, too many more to go...
We love you Ruby Lou, the best second grader ever!!



No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear what you have to say!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails